When God Said "Go".

What Happened Before I Knew


Even before I took my DTS, I knew that God had wanted me to join Youth With A Mission. I did. And I had the best time of my life. But all good things do come to an end. I enjoyed what I did, sure, there were moments when I didn't enjoy it, but hey, nothing's perfect. I had my routine. I was settled in. I knew my place. Then suddenly, I just felt God was impressing upon my heart that I needed to move on. I needed to look for another base. Unfortunately, I didn't. I stayed.

That decision brought me to one of the lowest points of my life. I became depressed--in YWAM, you heard that right. Sure, I was still blessed, but things became very difficult for me. I was struggling really badly.

Things happened and I suddenly had to leave YWAM. I took a break, and after a few months, I was back. This time, I knew that I was supposed be return for one last show and then I would have to leave for an extended period of time.


When God Said "Go"

It was during my Foundations For Counseling Ministries (FCM) when God told me that after the school, I was to leave YWAM and pursue a life and career in the "secular" world. This was a very scary thing for me since I had always seen myself growing old in YWAM. There was no other better place for me. But I couldn't ignore the tugging sensation in my gut. I knew deep in my heart that God wanted me to leave after my graduation. Half of me wanted to go while the other half wanted me to stay. During this time, had I not had the learning experience I had the year before (extending my stay when I was supposed to have left), I would've been stubborn and stayed. I would have justified my opposition. I would've said, "God would probably never want me to leave YWAM. This is a good and holy place to be in. Why in the world would He want me to leave?" It took some time for me to gather the courage to finally say "yes." What I did in a nutshell after confirming what God wanted me to do? I just did it. I held on to what He said and just trusted Him to take me through the process.

Comments

Popular Posts